Thursday 14 November 2013

Line follower

I'm going to build a basic line follower robot and program it using arduino platform.
Basically my robot consist of
1     chassis made of wood
2      two 12V dc motor(200 rpm)
3      12V on board power supply
4      four IR sensors
5      Atmega 328 micro controller.   
      The robot is designed using two motors controlling wheels. It has infrared sensors on the bottom for detect black tracking tape .It captures the line position with the help of these optical sensors called opto-couplers mounted at front end of the robot. (Each opto-coupler consists of an IR LED and an IR Sensor) when the sensors detect black surface, output of comparator, LM324 is low logic and for white surface the output is high. It reports to the microcontroller for accurate control and steering of motors. 

I'm planning to make another sensor . So, for a total we have five sensors, of which three will be used to follow the center line as a simple line follower, while the other two will help us in making left and right turns.
At first I've identified a problem that our robot will not be able to decide to when to make at  right and left turn as the hurdles in between  look very similar to cases of right and left turns .To overcome this I've found a solution with our code. If I know the number of take right and left turns(hurdles) , I will be counting them with my code and thus make the required right and left turns when necessary.










No comments:

Post a Comment