Saturday 7 May 2016

The day has been useless, I was very involved in bidding an used Surface pro 3 in Ebay, that I almost forgot time. Though I won the auction..yet to decide whether to buy it or not it is a slightly used (said so in the ad) surface pro 3 with I5 processor and 128 GB. @600 CAD. The new one would be almost double this price and It was my longstanding wish to buy on Surface pro 3 so that I can read and take notes digitally. Need not carry bulky books or lots of paper.  My decision taking process of buying this or 'not' was almost similar to a silicon valley company deciding to acquire a new company or not. Let's see, the new credit card has 487$ balance. But, I do have some good amount in my indian bank (still using that SBI debit card in Canada..) If everything goes as usual, I can expect to encash the MITACS cheque in the next week.

By the way, cooked a nice meal for lunch it is chicken fry with Dosa. I was doubtful about the outcome of the chicken fry as I was too lenient on the proportions of the spices I'm adding. But in the end, it turnedout very good. Usually, I can prepare dosa with expertise at home but this time the difficulty level increased by the absence of Ladle (a spoon like thing with which the batter would be spread on the pan/tawa). So, a plastic cup (thick one) was substituted for ladle. It was a bit difficult but doable.

It is night 10 now, may be it is time to continue the NPTEL lecture series on where I left. There's a combustion conference next week in my university. I am one of the volunteer a.k.a assistant, hoping for some good food (free..)

That's it for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment