Thursday 13 October 2016

Back in attack..

Fall term started,
Enrolled in a single course on Numerical Analysis, the assignments are a bit intensive unlike before. I have to collaborate with others to solve the assignments.

After a long struggle with coding, I'm finally able to program a bilinear interpolated EoS which can calculate the thermodynamic properties with reasonable accuracy ( in the order of ± 0.003%) however it still has some glitches here and there. Also takes a moment to calculate.

Prof. asked me to come with a literature review on the Tabulated EoS approach of calculating thermophysical properties.




Waiting for the second instalment of MITACS fellowship, regarding the interest rates in Canada. There's nothing much I can save by depositing in savings account. So I closed my savings account and bought shares of Google with that money (around 2000$)
Before that, in the past four months the interest I earned was 1.36$ whereas the transaction charges debited were around 30$ (I didn't know that I shouldn't be using my savings account for any transactions.. I used to do so in India.)

Went to US for the Thanksgiving week (Canada's thanksgiving..) It was a mixture of feelings. I felt really sad for the pathetic social / student life in Dearborn, Detroit areas. Whereas Ann Arbor was quite amazing. Being an university town, it closely resembled our Waterloo. Public transportation is almost dead in Detroit. None of my cousin's friend were using the public transportation.


That's J79-GE-2 a supersonic jet engine, displayed in Umichigan's Aerospace department




I should take this term with concentration, to proceed further in both grades/ research.
BTW, I've been making exponential growth in Badminton play.. Moved to level 2 in the UW's Badminton club. I can smash, drop, play backhand, tight net shots. That's really because of my devotion to play almost everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment